MicroGuard™ membrane filters provide safer and cleaner drinking water without incorporating chemicals into the media or adding chemicals to the filtered water. The MicroGuard carbon block membrane cartridge, MG-10MCB, is uniquely designed with integral carbon block and sediment pre-filtration for the reduction of chlorine taste and odor and for providing extended life of the internal membrane element. This cartridge has 2.5 times greater filtration surface area than some anti-microbial carbon blocks and operates at a higher flow rate with lower pressure drop. This makes the MG-10MCB ideal for Point of Use (POU) applications. The MicroGuard cartridges do not require USEPA registration and their effectiveness is not susceptible to common substances normally found in some water.
- Reduces particles as small as 0.15 micron in size by mechanical means
- Membrane filtration provides 99.9999% reduction of bacteria and 99.9999% reduction of virus by mechanical means
- Combined carbon block and sediment pre-filtration for extended life and chlorine taste and odor reduction
- Utilizes highly asymmetric polyethersulfone membrane with proprietary hydrophilic formulation for immediate wetting and high flow
- Double o-ring end cap seals for absolute sealing in PENTEK 3G housings