Pentair Pentek CFBC Series Cartridges offer the effective chlorine taste & odor reduction found in traditional carbon block media while providing superior sediment reduction with resistance to premature plugging. They are highly effective at reducing chlorine taste & odor, bad taste and odor, as well as other contaminants.*
CFBC Series products are modified molded blocks manufactured using our proprietary Fibredyne technology. This technology creates a unique filter media by attaching powdered activated carbon onto a cellulose-free synthetic fiber matrix. The result is a single cartridge that combines the benefits of both a sediment filter and a carbon block into a single cartridge.
Benefits of this technology include low pressure drop over the entire life of the cartridge and up to three times the chlorine taste & odor and dirt holding capacity of traditional carbon blocks.* In addition, Fibredyne technology will not release fines into the effluent stream due to a unique post-filtration layer that is fused to the carbon/fiber media blend.
CFBC Series Cartridges are an ideal choice for a wide range of residential, food service, commercial and industrial applications.
EPA EST. NO. 086074-NH-001
- Reduces particles as small as 0.5 micron in size by mechanical means.
- Reduces cysts such as Cryptosporidium and Giardia by mechanical means.
- Premium dirt-holding capacity
- High chlorine taste & odor and bad taste & odor reduction
- Tested and Certified by NSF International to NSF/ANSI Standard 42 for material requirements only.